As I was perusing my usual favorite sites and feeds (my LinkedIn Today newsfeed, Mashable.com, Ragan.com, etc.) for PR and marketing industry news, I came across some intriguing social media posts. Some of the posts below address global / national issues and happenings and how social media is being integrated into or utilized for each situation. Others are articles that stood out to me as ones that I wanted to make sure to share with our readers as an FYI or for general best practice knowledge.
• How New Orleans is using social media to prepare for Isaac (Ragan.com)
• Facebook and CNN Launch Hub for Election Insights (Mashable.com)
• Watch Out for This Sneaky Facebook Scam Disguised as a Photo Notification (Mashable.com)
• Should You Hire Staff Based on Their Klout Score? (Mashable.com)
• How to be a Twitter standout (Ragan.com)
• 3 Ways Marketers Can Leverage the New LinkedIn (Social Media Examiner)
• The two times of day brands should avoid tweeting (Ragan.com)