By Kim Tarasiewicz
Many companies these days are eager to launch a social media program, but once you have your system set up and your employees trained, how do you keep your people engaged with corporate social media? To be successful, any social media endeavor must be sustained over time. It isn’t enough to post a few things to Facebook and call it a day.
A monthly reminder email is a perfect way to keep social media top of mind for your employees. Send them a note asking them to connect with your company’s social media sites. This will boost your social media presence and expand your opportunities for potential clients to learn about your company.
Explain to your employees the importance of supporting your marketing and public relations efforts. Show how sharing corporate social media pages will increase business and benefit everyone. Prompt employees with the following in a monthly email or perhaps an internal newsletter:
Ask your employees to keep in mind these questions and provide material to your social media manager when available:
- Have you seen any significant industry trends or news about which you would like to write an article, blog post, etc.?
- Do you have any industry-related experience that we could use to promote you as a resource for the company?
- Is anyone in the company scheduled to speak at a business function within the next 60 days? Or have you spoken anywhere in the last 60 days?
- Have you hired any new staff members that should be highlighted?
- Has anyone in your department been nominated for an award or received any awards or recognitions?
- Has anyone in your department been nominated or elected to any boards, committees or other positions? Even if it does not pertain to your industry, it can still help increase your SEO.
- Have you shared the company’s most recent blog post through your own social media sites? If not, please do (And provide them the link).
- Have you reviewed the company website and, most importantly, your own bio lately? If not, please take a look and let IT know if anything needs to be updated.
- Have you updated your LinkedIn profile with company contact information? Have you endorsed anyone for business skills? Invite at least two people to connect each month. This is a great way to create business leads and get the corporate name out there.
- Have you visited a competitor’s social media pages? It’s always good to compare notes and make sure nothing negative is out there about your company, too.
How engaged are your employees with your company's social media presence? We would love to hear from you.