Today, GlaxoSmithKline, one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, announced the recipients of its GlaxoSmithKline 13th Annual IMPACT Awards. The Pennsylvania-based nonprofits will individually receive an award of $40,000. The nonprofit recipients were selected for having a significant impact on its area communities by providing access to proactive and effective healthcare services. A ceremony will be held on Thursday, March 25 at GlaxoSmithKline in Philadelphia where awards will go to:
• FairView Counseling, Inc. (http://www.fairviewcounseling.org/)
• Bucks County Health Improvement Partnership (http://www.bchip.org/)
• Chester County Community Dental Center (http://www.chescodental.org/)
• Community Volunteers in Medicine (http://www.cvim.org/)
• Crime Victims’ Center of Chester County, Inc. (http://www.cvcofcc.org/)
• La Comunidad Hispana, Inc. (http://www.lacomunidadhispana.org/)
• Quest Therapeutic Services, Inc. (http://www.questtherapeutic.com/)
• Prevention Point Philadelphia (http://www.preventionpointphilly.org/)
• Urban Solutions (http://www.philaurbansolutions.org/)
With every interaction, these organizations provide both care and access to care for the underserved,” said Mary Linda Andrews, GlaxoSmithKline Director, Community Partnerships.“The GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT Award recipients are chosen for their work in our communities, for the compassion they display for others, and because they are concerned enough to act on that compassion.”
About the GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT Awards: To qualify for a GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT Award, applicants must provide access to community healthcare services (primary mission) in the Pennsylvania counties of Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Lehigh, Montgomery or Philadelphia; have a total annual operating budget of less than $2.5 million; and have been in existence as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for at least five years. A panel of local and national healthcare delivery experts and GlaxoSmithKline representatives determined the winners based on a strong demonstration of ongoing success in providing access to healthcare; commitment to serving people in need; facilitation of healthcare delivery, education, creative partnerships and policy development; and a solid record of achievement, management and leadership. For more details on the GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT Awards, visit http://www.gsk-us.com/ and click “Our work with communities,” then click “Health programs,” then click “Awards,” or call the GlaxoSmithKline Office of Community Partnerships at 215-751-5171.
About GlaxoSmithKline: GlaxoSmithKline is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, GlaxoSmithKline is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. For company information, visit GlaxoSmithKline on the World Wide Web at http://www.gsk-us.com/.