Here are simple tips from Chuck Hester:
- Make your business trip a pleasure trip: Indulge yourself in new surroundings for some adventure on your business trip.
- Take a mental health day and do nothing: Don't plan anything and do what strikes your interest in the moment; it is bound to invigorate you.
- Say thank you more often: Brighten others' days by expressing your thanks and the gratitude from others will likely brighten your day as well.
- Write a letter: Write someone you love. Reminisce and remember those fond memories with them for good cheer.
- Take a drive to nowhere: Pick up and explore your surrounding; you may be suprised a what you find at the end of your journey.
So no matter what tasks lay ahead in your work day, take a moment for yourself and enjoy your surroundings. You will be bound to have a happier, more satisfying day.