Awards programs are excellent public relations tools to enable you to recognize and be recognized. There are many ways to implement awards programs to build your business. Please see some of our tips and tactics below.
- Apply for awards for which you qualify
- Create awards for your target audiences.
- You should also check national trade publications and the American Bar Association for additional awards opportunities. Apply for awards that recognize community service, pro bono work, Web sites, firm marketing and public relations, diversity, and anything else for which your firm or its attorneys stand out. Be sure to set aside a budget line each year for awards applications, as they can become quite expensive.
Awards vs. Directories Tip:
- Awards are not the same as directories, Web sites and organizations that rank attorneys and law firms. A partial list of such publications includes:
• American Lawyer AMLaw 200
• Best Lawyers in America
• Chambers Global
For more important tips on awards programs, read Chapter 7 in Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers. Excerpt from Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers, Copyright 2007. Furia Rubel Communications, Inc. To purchase the book, click here.