Here are a few more tips on special events and how to plan for success. Please see some of our tips and tactics below.
- The preparation and thought you invest will undoubtedly determine whether your event is a success. Document your plan and checklist so that you create a system for duplication each year.
- Set a date and send a “save the date card”
- Pick a convenient vendor location for your guests
- Invitations should be customized, concise and memorable.
- Giveaways - Do or Don’t: If you are so inclined to spend the money on favors, make sure they leave a lasting impact. Think about the item that will remain long after the party is over. What fits within the theme of your gathering and still makes sense for you to give to your attendees? There is no one single answer—it all depends on your firm’s culture, its budget and what will hit a home run with your guests.
For more important tips on using special events for success, read Chapter 6 in Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers. Excerpt from Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers, Copyright 2007. Furia Rubel Communications, Inc. To purchase the book, click here.